Saturday, October 29, 2011

Held hostage...

Today a pretty crazy thing happened. I was sound asleep in my bed this morning, when I heard a little scream across the monitor from Hudson's room. I jumped out of bed, in fear that something bad was happening to our little man, and ran into Hudson's room. There, right before my eyes was Garrett forcing Hudson's little body into that nasty, awful, duck jersey and costume. Hudson screamed and screamed with all his might to avoid the attack, but his dad was a little too strong for him.

Garrett said he was taking him to the car and told me to get ready to go. I asked where we were headed and  he quickly replied, "To the Ducks game!" I blocked the hallway. I begged. I pleaded. I implored him to let my little baby go, and not torture him by forcing him into becoming an ugly duckling. Turns out, Hudson's dad is too strong for me too. Next thing I knew, I was being forced to get into the car. (Thankfully he didn't force me into a large mama duck outfit---in fact, I had just enough time to throw on a pair of orange and black socks before we left)

Hudson and I kicked and screamed the whole drive there, but to no avail. Alas, we arrived at the game and had to suffer through the entire event amongst the swarm of crazy ducks. During the game, I explained to Hudson that we can always be Beavers in our hearts...no matter what we come up against! And he survived the game shouting, "Arriba castores!!! (Go Beavs!)" after every good play by the Cougars. The following pictures are a glimpse of the day we had. Although we appear to be a happy little family, hopefully you can see the glimmer of orange and black pride still left in our eyes.

Doesn't he look simply miserable? :)

Concerned what fellow Beaver fans might think of his outfit:



Feeling much better during mom's "Beavers-forever-in-our-hearts" pep talk:



 Hudson thought it was pretty funny that no one around us could understand what we were saying when we shouted, 
"ARRRRRIBBBBAAA CASTTTOOOOORRESS!"


 Hudson asking me if he would ever be able to get out of this outfit...

Still a little unsure...



Finally able to relax. Relieved that I promised I would change him the minute we got home. ;)

Too bad you can't see my socks...

The culprit of this whole disaster... Take 1...

Mug shot #2...




...But we sure do love him lots! Thanks Dad for a great day! :)

Gooooooo  Beavs!!!

9 comments:

Naomi said...

best post EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!
very creative!

Drew said...

Stay true beavers! But is really is hard to believe you when you background of your blog is yellow and green! But I will give it to Garret that it is nice to watch a winner once in a while

Danielle Barton said...

o that was Danielle that just commented - I'm on Naomi's computer and logged in under her name!

Patti said...

hahahahahaha poor little Hudson, we will have to come kidnap him ourselves and take him to a REAL game!! Go Beavs!!!

Kenzie Rice said...

omg i was laughing so hard reading this!!! love your blog allison :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great family day, all in all!
We will have to dress him in a Bison jersey
one day, just to keep things really confusing!
We love your stories. Keep them coming! S&P

Jenna, Lucas & Sophia (Beavers Forever!) said...

BAHAHAHAHA, that was awesome! Poor, poor little Hudson. And he's at such an impressionable age! I'm so glad you were there in his ear to whisper the truth! GO BEAVS!!!

Kindi said...

sooooo awesome!!! love it! hehehehe....i was just thinking about you guys and thought i'd pop over and see what the little guy has been up to lately (and his mama too :)). GREAT pics...you guys are such a sweet family :)

Danielle said...

Ducks game schmucks game!!! Can we get s new post around here?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...