Thursday, October 27, 2011

2 months...

Last Thursday (I know, I know, I'm a whole week late), Hudson turned two months old. I'm not sure how that happened so fast, but right before our very eyes he has gone from a tiny little newborn, to looking more like an actual baby. At the very beginning of October we had to go back to the doctor because his "reflux"wasn't getting any better, in fact it seemed worse. At that appointment he weighed 11 lbs 1oz and we decided to put me on a dairy and soy free diet thinking he could be allergic or intolerant to one or both of those. Three weeks later he seems like a whole new baby! He is much much happier, sleeping a whole lot better, and almost completely pain free! Although it makes my eating a little more difficult and A LOT less enjoyable, it is definitely worth the sacrifice to have such a happier baby!

So on Monday we went to his 2-month check-up and he weighed in at a whopping 12lbs 4oz and is now 24 inches long! --clearly all the vomiting isn't affecting him too badly. :) I think he takes after his dad in the social realm. The past two weeks all we have seen are tons and tons of smiles and short little laughs. He coos and "talks" constantly and is starting to try to bat at the toys that dangle above his head....It is so sweet to see his little personality coming out. His latest new trick is crying and screaming like he is STARVING, and then, once given the opportunity to eat, he refuses and insists on smiling, cooing, and laughing at you. Although very cute, it makes for LONG drawn out feedings. :)

It took me awhile to get these pictures because he was super grumpy after getting shots and I was really hoping to catch a bunch of him smiling. Unfortunately, he wasn't willing to perform and I wasn't willing to let him get any bigger before posting 2 month pictures.

Here is the little man at 2 months:












And here is the progression from 0 to 2 months:




 These have been the best two months of my life, and even though I hate the thought of him getting bigger, I can't wait to get to experience every stage of his little life!


4 comments:

Danielle said...

you hate the thought of him getting BETTER?? wow. that's strange (:

Allison said...

Danielle...

I am SOOOO impressed with your newly-found attention to detail! I'm so proud! :) hehe

Scott said...

What a handsome little man!!

Anonymous said...

I miss him. He is so sweet. He has his mom's eye. Love Grandma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...