We talked to the doctor for a long time before she did all the routine procedures (we'll leave the lovely details out!). Finally, at the end of the appointment, it was time for the ultrasound. The best part...the part we'd both been waiting for. As soon as she got everything situated I could instantly see what is our little miracle. The heart was fluttering like crazy (at this appointment we just got to see the heartbeat, not hear it yet) and she said everything looked great. She moved around a little to try to get a different angle, and when she stopped, she saw the head moving and said, "Looks like you got a little head banger in there," which Garrett immediately translated into meaning that it must be a boy. hehe.
It was such a relief to see that everything was going as it should. She printed the pictures and we finished we the blood drawing and peeing in a cup and then we were out of there. After the appointment we met at Applebees for dinner and to start mass-texting everyone we knew :).
That night once we were home, I could not stop looking at that little tiny peanut wondering what this new life will mean to our family. It is strange to think that this will be our oldest child and eventually there will be many more that make up our family. It will be amazing to see the plans that God has for this baby and what will be done through his/her life.
My biggest prayer is that God would just pour down the wisdom to help Garrett and I to be the parents He desires us to be. I don't want to let Him down and I want to bring Him glory through this child.
Please Jesus put a special and deep love for you in this baby's heart.
Happy parents...
No comments:
Post a Comment