1. My dad, Kris and family: My dad opened the little box and then I think just sat there in shock. The next thing that came out of his mouth was, "Serious?" and nothing more. At that point I wasn't really sure what he was thinking. Later he told me he could not have asked for a better Christmas present and that he was very excited. Since then he's been texting me to make sure I'm eating enough etc... Aside from him, Kris and Alex were very excited! Penny was also up there and he instantly started bawling. She's so sweet :)
2. Next stop - my mom and fam: I had originally been thinking that my mom might not "get" the little present right away and I was right. She opened the box, stared at it awkwardly, and then finally shouted, "REALLY?!?!?" Then got up to hug us and started crying. She is obviously extremely excited as well.
3. Our last stop - telling Garrett's parents - I thought was going to be most animated and eventful knowing my mother-in-law. Garrett gave her the gift and she opened it (and said nothing!), got up and set it on Scott's lap and came and hugged us crying. She is ecstatic and I think started knitting 2 seconds after we told her.
You are sure going to be loved little baby. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment