Friday, April 26, 2013

Trip back to Oregon...

In the beginning of March, Hudson and I boarded a plane headed back to Oregon to surprise my friend Danielle who just had a baby, as well as to see family and friends. We started off the morning bright and EARLY with some yummy oatmeal at the airport, with which he needed no help eating of course.



We passed the time waiting for our flight by watching lots and lots of aviones drive and fly by outside.


I waited until the very last second to board the plane. I've never really understood why people with small children would freely desire to board the plane first. Isn't nearly 6 hours of pure torture enough?!!?!? --why would we need to start all the fun any sooner than absolutely necessary?!

As He always does, God was watching out for me that day, and blessed me with an empty seat right next to me, which meant that Hudson could sleep there and wouldn't have to spend the entire flight glued to my lap and getting in trouble for touching the passenger next to us.



We got lucky and Grandpa picked us up at the airport! We grabbed something to eat and then headed to one of Hudson's tia's houses to hang with them for awhile. Grandpa showed us his new guitar tricks and Hudson taught grandpa all his mad skills that his daddy has been teaching him at home.

(and yes, he does usually wear pants. Sometimes we get lazy at home and like to make trips to the potty just that much easier.)

After being up from 1:00am to 10:00pm I was WIPED out exhausted. I spent the night at my mom's and then got up the next morning to head to Corvallis to surprise Danielle...and boy was she ever surprised! I was so excited that we managed to keep it a secret the entire time, and my heart was full of happiness to see some of my favorite kiddos ever.

Baby Connor ....

He is a perfect little newborn, and seems to look strikingly similar to Natalee.

It was so nice to spend a few days in Corvallis helping her with the kids, the house, and just getting to enjoy sitting on the couch holding babies and talking about nothing...just like old times! When I'm all the way in Virginia I really really really miss being able to just hop over to a friend's house. Maybe someday when I have friends, I'll be able to do that again, but I have a feeling they'll never come close to replacing the gems of friends I have in Oregon.

We got extra spoiled and got to meet Tia Alex for lunch. She is in pharmacy school and SOOOOOO swamped busy, so I was really excited to hear that were able to make a lunch date possible!

Winner: Fakest smile ever. But really I am super happy just snuggling up the little Nonnor-man.


On Saturday, we got to spend the ENTIRE day with the Kreiger's! I sure wish I had taken some pictures of me and Jenna. I'm terrible. I know. Hudson may or may not have had an accident and been forced to sport Sophia's skinny jeans. Along with the pink car and helmet, it made for a pretty great picture.







The trip went by so fast, and even though we were excited to get home to daddy, it was sad to say goodbye again. :(

 Hudson spent our layover in LA munching on apples at the USO...





3 comments:

Danielle said...

man he is a beautiful kid. seriously BE-u-ti-ful!!!!
loved the worlds best surprise ever!!!! Wish you could do it once a month!! what'd'ya think? could you swing it?? :)

Naomi said...

miss you tia!!!!

b said...

Someday you will post again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...