Thursday was such a beautiful and WARM fall day that we decided to load up the stroller, the Segway, the tripod and camera, the baby and the dog and head to the pumpkin patch to take some really great fall/family pictures with pumpkins! The pumpkin patch had a ton of really fun things to do and play on for older kids, and then inside the barn were some activities for toddlers, one of which was a giant play box of wheat. Hudson thought it was pretty cool, although he was a little unsure of the continual sinking of his feet...
Once we got bored with the barn we headed outside to find a good photo spot and then look for PUMPKINS. Along the way, Hudson was distracted by everything in sight...
He ran around, played and fell repeatedly in the hay, and went crazy doing what 13 month-olds do!
Yes, we do occasionally let him live life a little on the wild side and allow him
to dangerously stand in cool wagons. :)
Next stop was the first attempt at the family photo. I hope you enjoy how complicated this proved to be... :) Hudson was less than thrilled about us imposing a photo shoot on him while he was in the middle of exploring. He shared his feelings with us in a slightly less than pleasant way.
It isn't easy to get a one year old to look at a tripod without someone standing
behind it making a fool of themselves. (This is why we hire Mackenzie for these types of things!)
My personal favorite... Thank you random unclothed crazy child. (And no, I'm not yelling at him!)
Doesn't it look like we're having fun! Just wait, it gets better...
Why are they all blurry?!?!?
The kid on the slide is cute, but not a part of our family.
Then we gave up. It was hot. We were sweating. Hudson was done sitting still (since we required he do it for longer than 3.2 seconds). He was anxious to start climbing and crawling all over that hay.
So we took some pictures of the better behaved members of our family which proved to be much easier as Coal loves to look at and smile for his favorite person in our family (me! HA!) ...
Once pictures were over we attempted our journey to the actual pumpkin patch. I was dying for some adorable pictures of Hudson in the pumpkins. It sounds silly but I really had high hopes and expectations for this trip. Upon arrival at the pumpkin patch, Hudson began to maturely and respectfully share his feelings of discomfort and fury with us (and by maturely and respectfully I am describing the biggest 13-month-old temper tantrum you have ever seen). We had passed the point of no return and decided we had no choice but to load the car again and head home. WAAAHHH, I was so bummed. I felt like throwing the exact. same. fit. After loading the car, I started to put Hudson in the car seat when I realized that his entire face had broken out in an allergic reaction to the lovely hay that he had been crawling and running in. Fantastic. Like mother like son. Needless to say he was incredibly upset and irritated, and our sweet little relaxing trip to the pumpkin patch proved to be anything but that! :( Poor us!
Sadly, we have no pictures in the actual pumpkin patch. I'm a little annoyed. Especially since the forecast calls for rain for a bazillion years. Hopefully we can catch one clear day and sneak back there to take my beloved pictures!
Even though we had a rather interesting trip,
we did capture this shot of Hudson and his literal best friend. :)






3 comments:
Awwww! Funny /sad story! But I love the last pix!
love all the pics! you guys are waaaaay too photogenic! we went in the pouring rain and stayed waay longer and didn't get half as many good pics... I think the naked kid one should be your Christmas card! All you need is a good caption! he he
Great pics as always, Allie. Hudson looks like SUCH a little man!!
Scott J.
Post a Comment