Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Six weeks old.

Hudson...

You are now six weeks old. Bye bye newborn jammies. And newborn sweats. And newborn socks. And newborn hair. And newborn diapers. How is that possible? Each day I try to make sure I soak up every. single. moment. because it is easy to see how fast they will all slip by. Last week you started sleeping in your own room. I had no idea how sad I would feel to no longer have you right next to our bed. I almost caved (well, actually, your dad almost caved) and went and scooped you up out of that big old crib, but you were sleeping so soundly, doing such a good job with the transition that I decided to just let you be. 





Lately you have started cooing more and more. We are hoping to see smiles in the next few weeks. You have started noticing objects hanging above your head and have become fascinated by the little elephants above your swing. Most days I just want you to stay little forever, even though I know that each new stage will be wonderful to see. I just want to be able to remember everything. I don't want to forget what you looked like when you were first born. Or when we brought you home from the hospital. Or when you slept in your little napper. Or when you had more hair on your head. Or when you had even skinnier little legs. I know it is impossible to remember it all, but I hope that even when life seems stressful and overwhelming and we get distracted by silly things that don't matter, I hope that we will always try to enjoy you today and the place where we're at...because it is going to pass by way too quickly.


I am so thankful for you. I am so thankful that God blessed me with such an incredible little boy, and feel so honored that He entrusted your little life to us. I pray that He helps us to be the kind of parents that will make Him proud, and that our lives would be lived in a way that brings Him glory. On Sunday, our pastor preached a sermon on how we often feel inadequate to do the things that God is calling us to do. When I think about trying to raise a child to be Godly and righteous in the world we live in that is precisely how I feel...completely inadequate. But thankfully we serve a mighty God who will help your dad and I along the way. We will never be perfect, but I can promise you that we will do our very best to raise you right. 


I am so glad you are here. So blessed to have you in my life. So blessed to be called your mama. I love you more than I could have ever imagined. 

Thank you Jesus for our precious little boy. 

1 comment:

Kindi said...

Wow - I nearly cried reading this - only because it's exactly how I feel with Kev. Despite the challenges and struggles of motherhood, we are infinitely blessed. Thank you, Jesus, indeed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...